- AquaSpira SRP pipes are classified as Flexible, meaning that under external load they can deflect without damage, unlike Rigid pipes which when overloaded are likely to fracture, increasing the risk of catastrophic failure.
- Flexible pipes provide excellent resistance to differential settlement and ground movement.
- Rocker Pipes are NOT REQUIRED when installing AquaSpira pipes. See BS 9295:2010 'Guide to the structural design of buried pipelines' section A.13.3 (p.37).
- AquaSpira SRP pipes are unique amongst all other flexible pipes due to the inherent additional stiffness provided by the steel reinforcement. This means that when it is necessary for deformation to occur, SRP pipes will deflect sufficiently but not excessively, but most importantly the unique properties of SRP pipe means that they will resist further deformation in the long-term to a much greater degree than standard structured wall plastic pipes.
- This improved long-term structural integrity not only enhances the long-term structural performance of the pipe, but also maintains improved hydraulic performance through a reduction in the deformation (flattening) of the circular shape at the invert of the pipe.